Saturday, August 10, 2013

One year anniversary

     I've been thinking what should I blog these few days. Finally I decided to blog about who I was and who I am now. It is a huge difference for me, my friends, and family.

     I've been in US for 1 year and 6 days I guess. Not to deny my personality has changed and I am super in love with who I am now. When I first came to US, believe me, it was totally chaos. I can't speak English (I can understand what people talking about by catching a few keywords), can't understand the menus, and homesick. Now, my English still sucks, but it's getting better. Normal daily conversation isn't that hard for me. Oh ya, I still facing one shitty problem. I can't get used to talking in English with Malaysian Chinese. I don't know, it's just weird. Probably a Malaysian Chinese criticized my English was weird before. It makes me kind of have phobia right now. wtf right. Yea, this is who I am, have no confidence in myself. lol

     Speaking about personality changes, the most significant difference is that I seldom put myself in a negative state and have negative thought anymore. Before I came here, whenever I am free, I always felt that emptiness deep inside. Probably caused by my family problems. I have a complicated family. My friends always told me how they're surprised when I can get through so many ups and downs without getting crazy. I am a tough woman huh. :) The first few months in US, I had a problem of mingling with American and ENGLISH-EDUCATED Malaysian. Now, this problem is no longer exist. I figured out a way to make myself feel better. *When they laugh at my English, I laughed at their Chinese. It's basically a round.* Just kidding, I never did that, haha I don't want to adopt that personality that I hate that much. An advise for me would be relax yourself and open your heart, it's okay that you speak broken English, as long as you dare to speak, and can bear with all those sarcastic comments lol.

    I should be born in US. The learning experience in US is fantastic. I scored better here as compared to Malaysia. If my English is smooth, it would be more awesome. hahaha. I am living in a small and peaceful town now. Haih. We should have handsome vampires and wolves like the Vampire Diaries here to make this town sounds more exciting. *It is actually not that bad, IU ranked as 1st in term of party university* If someone like Klaus appears, I am gonna be the huge fan of him. LIKE A HUGE HUGE FAN. Off of topic .__.

    YEA, one more exciting news for me! Khor Ching Yee is coming TT So excited. We came from the same primary school and high school. My future housemate <3

    Will blog more soon! Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment